Sunday, February 10, 2013

My New Deck: The Mystic Dreamers Tarot



While researching for my next book, I happened across a YouTube video that featured a very wonderful deck of Tarot cards that I had not seen before.  Unfortunately, the young lady didn't disclose what deck she was using or leave her book on screen long enough for me to readily recognize what she had.  Well, thank goodness for the pause button, right?  Boy was I surprised!  During their editing session, they had flipped the video -- not sure why or whether they even intended to do so.  However, this caused the text on the book to appear backwards.  Throw in a fancy font and it took a bit of study to figure out the title of the book.  I have to say, it was SOOO worth the trouble.  The book was titled "The Dreamer's Journal" and is the companion book to the "Mystic Dreamer Tarot."  These cards are actually very beautiful and include the Rider-Waite symbolism, so they actually are Tarot cards and not an oracle deck.  While I do love oracle decks and am generally drawn to them, because they don't use traditional Tarot symbolism, there is always a learning curve.  With this deck, you can use your existing knowledge of the Rider-Waite Tarot symbolism.

I can't wait for my deck to arrive!


Here are pictures of a few of the cards.


And here are some closeups of a few cards:







Search This Blog

Copyright 2012 by Rayven Michaels. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive