Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How to Meditate


Meditation is a very important part of my psychic sessions and oracle card readings.  What makes for a good meditation? A good quiet environment to start.  Eventually, with practice, you can meditate in any circumstance, but to start, you should pick a good quiet place where you will not be disturbed.  For some, the only chance may be while soaking in the tub. So be it. When my daughter was very young, I fell in that category myself.  Currently, I have two private places in my home for meditation use.  I have my sun room and then I have an unattached studio.  Because my studio is unheated, I will be spending the winter months in my sun room.

Something I find very helpful are music and incense.  While neither of these items are essential for meditation, they do help create an ambience which could be helpful to the beginner.  My personal preferences in incense are earthy, woodsy, full bodied smells.  One of my all time favorites is nag champa which is readily found in metaphysical/new age shops and sometimes even Wal-Mart.  If you don't have access to a metaphysical/new age store, many tobacco shops carry incense.  Another very dear favorite of mine is Lumbini rope incense which I purchase online from Essence of the Ages website.  They are reasonably priced and ship very quickly.

Although my incense choices are pretty stable with one of the above, my music choices vary widely.  The one thing they always have in common is no lyrics unless it is some sort of chant.  Depending on my purpose for meditation (yes, there are different types of meditations and different purposes which I will cover in separate posts) One time I may choose a Celtic melody, another time something with Native American flutes or Native American drum beats, or music suitable for Reiki.   I will cover meditation music more indepth in other posts.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright 2012 by Rayven Michaels. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive